Alberta Express Entry Stream
Express Entry profile will be created and Govt of Alberta will nominate people from Express Entry Pool who are deemed suitable.
Candidates will be contacted directly by the AINP and must receive a notification of interest before they are able to submit an application under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
Selection from Express Entry pool and Notification of Interest process
Based on available profile information in the Express Entry portal, Alberta may select candidates and send them a Notification of Interest letter in their federal Express Entry profile. This information is self-declared by candidates in the Express Entry pool.
You may receive a Notification of Interest letter if you:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta
- Are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification, and
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300.
Not necessary but if you have one or more of the following adaptability factors, this may increase your likelihood of receiving a Notification of Interest letter:
- Alberta job offer and/or work experience
- A graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution
- A relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child, brother and/or sister
If you meet one or more of the following factors, this may decrease your likelihood of receiving a Notification of Interest letter:
- Your Express Entry profile expires in 3 months or less
- You are working in an occupation:
- on the list of High-wage and low-wage occupations in the province of Alberta set out on the online Government of Canada Refusal to Process a Labour Market Impact Assessment list
- on the Alberta Opportunity Stream Ineligible Occupations list, located on this page under the Alberta Opportunity Stream section
- that has a high volume of submissions across all AINP streams
If you receive a Notification of Interest letter from Alberta, you must email a copy of the letter to the AINP at email@example.com within two weeks of receiving it in your federal Express Entry profile. You must also provide your Express Entry profile number and status information about current and past AINP applications/nominations (if applicable).
The AINP will confirm your information and may send you an email requesting you to submit an application, including a form to fill out and a document checklist listing all required documents. There is no fee to submit an application.